Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tá brón orm, i mBéarla ...

Well, it was inevitable. I thought that I could post everything in Irish, but now I see I will also be writing using English. Perhaps I will go back 'n forth. Since my last posting, I have missed going to Irish classes. I had a meeting in Boston, got caught in a traffic jam, had a haircut, and next Thursday is Thanksgiving. There will not be another gathering until December 4! Our Feasta Nollaig is December 18, so I probably will not get much conversation in during December. I will need to double up on my use of Rosetta Stone. By the way, Rosetta Stone came out with an audio component. I have asked for the Level 1 for the holidays. Let's see what happens.

I have not been practising much anyway. What am I doing in my spare time? I'm reading Roddy Doyle's Barrytown trilogy. I started with The Snapper and then moved on to The Van. Afterward I will read The Commitments, the first volume in the series. Then I will watch the movies.

I've also joined Facebook and Twitter. Social networking here I come.

No comments: